Now here's another reason to head to Hawaii!
Dru Blair's Honolulu Workshop!
Workshop only $695
Although portrait painting may seem formidable, this workshop is non-intimidating with both the novice and veteran artist in mind! While you don't need to be highly skilled with the airbrush you do need to have a firm grasp of the BASICS.
In this 4-day workshop, Dru Blair will teach you the techniques of painting realistic skin tones, hair, lips, eyes, backgrounds and many other attributes that make up a well-executed realism portrait painting.
Class is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You will create a female portrait similar to the ones portrayed, and bring it to completion, or at least near-completion.
- Over 30 hours of instruction and studio time over 4 days
- You will learn to quickly match skin, hair, and eye colors with extreme accuracy and precision
- You will learn to mix and match colors perfectly through our Color Theory
- You will leave a better artist than when you arrived. Guaranteed!
What you will learn
• How to create skin texture
• How to match color....perfectly
• What is Buffered Contrast Reduction, and how to use it
• How to discern problems in your paintings that might otherwise have gone unnoticed
• How to develop observation techniques to expand your visual discrimination
• How to make hair look real
• Rendering facial details such as skin texture, hair, lips, and eyes with accuracy
• Split paper/frisket techniques
• Different types of shields and when to use them
• Why value matters
• When to use the bounce method
• 3 eraser techniques that will make a difference in your art
• discerning and managing edges and transitions
• Frisket vs paper
• Transferring your image
• 5 masking techniques that work
• When and where detail matters most
• How to survive catastrophic errors
• Opaque or Transparent? How to chose
• A simple household product that can enhance your painting
• Understanding simultaneous contrast and the role it plays in your paintings
1111 Nuuanu Ave
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Host: Richie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Accommodations (not included with tuition)
Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel
1088 Bishop St, Honolulu, Oahu 96813, US