Includes access to over 2 hours of instructional video!
This is a full workshop project from beginning to end - Just like being in the classroom with Dru teaching! You see the project as a first person viewer. The camera is positioned in front of the instructor, not over the shoulder, so you will see the project develop as Dru's eyes would see it.
Choose from two project sizes 9.5 x 13.5 -or- 13.5 x 19.5 inchesWhy Dru Blair?
Just ask our former students. We have trained over 7,000 people since our airbrush school was founded 20 years ago, and we are proud to be considered the worlds best airbrush school since we opened. Almost all of the worlds best instructors train with us. We developed the airbrush techniques that are now used all over the world.
Dru Blair teaches clouds in his popular Photorealism workshop which starts at $975. Our Classroom in a Box cloud project offers unlimited review for under $100. Not only will you save hundreds of dollars, you will have the luxury of working at your own pace and in your own comfortable surroundings. You won't even need to take time off from work, book travel and lodging, or get a sitter for the kids or pets.
Classroom in a Box kits make it easy to learn many of the techniques that Dru Blair teaches in his workshops in the privacy of your own home or studio.The kit comes with all the materials you need to recreate the project as shown. All you supply is your own airbrush and air source.
As paints and tools can be reused with many projects, you may purchase this and other Classroom in a Box projects without paint or tools to reduce your costs.
Classroom in a Box makes it possible to enjoy a Dru Blair Workshop for a fraction of the cost of enrolling at his school!
Learn to make a photorealistic cloud!
Covered in this course:
- Using eraser for texturing
- How to paint in layers
- Understanding the structure of clouds
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Mixing colors
- Using proper values to add depth to your painting
- Hard and soft edges- when and why to use each
Even if you have taken this workshop in the past, now you have the opportunity to purchase this kit as a refresher. If you have never attended a Dru Blair workshop, this is a great first step to gain insight about what it is really like to be in his classroom.
While its true that nothing beats hands-on, one-on-one training for learning, we realize that its not always possible to travel to one of Dru's workshops. That is why the Classroom in a Box kits have become important to many artists who strive to improve their skills and bring more realism to their work.
The kit includes access to video content, featuring step-by-step instruction about how to use supplies and tools.
The reference photo is produced on a high resolution Giclée printer.
Usage rights are included with the Classroom in a box, so purchasers can paint this image again and again, royalty-free. Usage rights of kit materials and videos themselves are non-transferable, and distribution of the kits, videos, and/or their content to the public is prohibited without written consent.
Some students have even sold their art created with the kit for more than the cost of the kit itself.
Included in this kit:
- 1 - 9.5 x 13.5 inches Double-sided sheet of Blair Airbrush Paper
- Line drawing used to create freehand mask
- (optional) * Double the size of the paper 13.5 x 19,5 inches / or get both sizes
- 1- 9.5 x 13.5 reference photo for use as a guide
- 4 - 1 oz bottles bottles of Createx Illustration Colors™
- (colors needed for kit - White, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue,
- 1 - Aggressive pencil eraser
- Hobby blade with handle
- 5 Empty 10 mil dropper bottles for storing your custom mixed colors
- Exclusive access to online instructional content
- Optional upgrade to 13.5" x 19.5"
- Nicely packaged to keep supplies organized - also GREAT for gift giving!
2 hours of step-by-step, HD quality, video. First person view - Not over-the-shoulder as in most other instructional videos.
* Video access will be granted at checkout
- Purchase one or more Classroom in a Box kits
- Create an account at checkout if you don't already have one with our store. You will be prompted to supply your email and create a password unless you have previously created an account for that email address.
- Check your email for a link to view your Classroom in a Box video(s). It will have a subject of: Blair School of Realism: Classroom in a Box - Video link, and will arrive from: Blair School of Art firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the link that is emailed to you. You will be directed when to enter your password.
Videos are for private use only and may not be shared, played for an audience, or used to conduct classes without written authorization. Violation may result in forfeiture of viewing rights to all Classroom in a Box videos.